You're looking for earnestness. You're looking for the 'right' left news about Palestine and the daily atrocities. You are a terrorist tourist or you are a believing leftist. I am neither. I continue to be the 'pesoptimist' that this place, if you know it long enough, generates. I will fulfill some of your desires with my more than left-leanings but I will also remain true to my tarnished consciousness. I will not hold back my hatred for the righteous settlers but I will also not romanticize Palestine and its people. If this interests you, read on.

Monday, October 27, 2008

lighter fare

Why is it that every time I come to Israel and Palestine a cat finds me?! This has been happening since I was about eleven years old. Today in Ramallah, this street urchin wobbled into the road and the car in front of me almost ran it over (sex to yet be determined). Of course therefore it needed rescuing. After stopping at the grocery store for an emergency can of tuna and some milk, scrappy cat settled into Tamira's cashmere sweater and slept for two hours in the car. Scratched, puss-filled, oozy and barely old enough to walk, we were stumped for a name. Here are a couple that came to mind: Woodstock, Osama, Tarzan and Ramsey. Please cast your votes or suggest another. The name with the most votes wins! Check Tamira's Blog at http://tamira-homefree.blogspot.com for the actual contest and more photos.